What is a Brass Cartridge?
Cartridges are essential components found in faucets that regulate the flow of water and control the temperature. They play a crucial role in determining the functionality and reliability of the faucet.
What is the Function of a Cartridge in a Brass Faucet?
The main function of a cartridge in a faucet is to control the flow and temperature of water. When the faucet handle is turned, the cartridge moves within the faucet body, adjusting the water flow by aligning or blocking passages. It also mixes hot and cold water to provide the desired temperature. The design and mechanism of the cartridge determine the specific functions and features of the faucet, such as single-handle operation or the ability to switch between different water outlets.
What is the Difference Between a 40mm Cartridge & a 46mm Cartridge?
The size of a cartridge refers to its diameter, which is typically measured in millimeters. In the case of faucets, cartridges commonly come in sizes like 40mm or 46mm. The size variation indicates differences in the dimensions and internal mechanisms of the cartridges.
- - 40mm Cartridge: A 40mm cartridge has a diameter of 40mm. It is generally used in faucets that require a compact or smaller cartridge design. These cartridges are suitable for smaller or medium-sized faucets and are known for their efficient water flow control and temperature regulation.
- - 46mm Cartridge: A 46mm cartridge has a larger diameter of 46mm. These cartridges are typically used in larger faucets that require a higher flow rate or have specific design requirements. The larger size allows for enhanced water flow and temperature control, making them suitable for faucets that require a greater volume of water or for commercial applications.
What is a Ceramic Cartridge?
Ceramic cartridges are made of ceramic discs or plates that rotate against each other to regulate the water flow. These discs typically have specially designed patterns or channels that align or block water passages as the handle is turned.
What is the Difference Between a Ceramic Cartridge And a Brass Cartridge?
The main differences between ceramic cartridges and brass cartridges are:
- - Material: Ceramic cartridges are made of ceramic discs, while brass cartridges are made of brass and may include rubber or neoprene seals.
- - Longevity: Ceramic cartridges tend to have a longer lifespan and are more resistant to wear and tear compared to brass cartridges.
- - Precision: Ceramic cartridges offer more precise control over water flow and temperature due to their smooth operation and tight seal.
- - Cost: Brass cartridges are generally more affordable than ceramic cartridges, making them a common choice for budget-conscious consumers.
Why Choose Ruhe’s Cartridges?
- - 1 Year Warranty
- - Sustainable & Authentic Material
- - 100% made in India
- - 30 Days Easy Return & Exchange