Which Glass is Best for Kitchen Cabinets?
Glass cabinets in the kitchen are not just a mere functional element; they're a statement of style and personality. In this blog, we explore the numerous benefits these chic cabinets bring to your kitchen, from their aesthetic appeal to their practicality.
We also guide you through the best types of glass to choose for your cabinets, ensuring durability and safety. Furthermore, for our readers in India, we have curated a list of the top six companies offering the finest kitchen cabinet glass, making your selection process seamless and informed. Join us as we navigate the sparkling world of kitchen glass cabinets!
What Are the Benefits of Glass Benefits in Kitchen?
Kitchen glass cabinets offer a range of benefits:
- Aesthetic Appeal: Glass cabinets create a sleek, modern look and can make a kitchen appear more spacious and bright.
- Display Options: They allow you to display your favourite dishes and glassware, adding a personal touch to your kitchen.
- Ease of Organization: You can easily see what's inside, making it simpler to find items.
- Versatility: Glass cabinets can blend well with various kitchen styles, from traditional to contemporary.
Best Types of Glass for Cabinets in Kitchen
Regarding the best type of glass for kitchen cabinets, these are common choices:
Tempered Glass: It's strong and less likely to break, making it a safe option for kitchens.
Frosted or Textured Glass: These provide a stylish look while hiding smudges and fingerprints better than clear glass.
Laminated Glass: It consists of two glass layers with a plastic layer in between, offering extra safety as it holds together if broken.
Decorative Glass: Etched or stained glass can add a unique decorative element to your kitchen.
Read More Blogs:
6 Best Cabinet Glass Brands for Kitchen in India
Here are the top companies available in India for kitchen cabinet glass:
- Asahi India Glass: Established in 1984, Asahi India is known for its architectural and solar glass variants, in addition to automobile glass.
- La Opala RG Limited: Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Kolkata, La Opala offers a range of decorative and handcrafted glasses and plates.
- Borosil Glass Works Limited: Based in Mumbai, Borosil specializes in low iron solar glass, scientific, and industrial glass variants.
- Saint-Gobain Sekurit India Pvt Ltd: A global company with a strong presence in India, Saint-Gobain specializes in float glass, automotive glass, and glass containers.
- Gujarat Guardian Limited (Modigaurd): Known for its clear float glass used in architectural purposes, automotive uses, and mirror making.
- Hindustan National Glass & Industries Limited (HNGIL): One of India's oldest glass manufacturing companies, specializing in lightweight glass containers.
These companies offer a variety of glass options suitable for kitchen cabinets, from decorative to functional types.