How Top Linear Drains Change Your Balcony Look?
Choosing the right floor drain for your balcony is essential to ensure proper drainage and prevent water damage. Several types of floor drains are suitable for balconies, including:
- Linear drains: Linear drains are long, narrow drains that can be installed along the edge of the balcony or at a strategic location to collect water. They typically have a slim profile, making them visually unobtrusive. Linear drains can be made from stainless steel, brass, or other materials, and often come with decorative grates to enhance their appearance.
- Point drains: Point drains are small, round, or square drains placed at specific points on the balcony where water is likely to accumulate. They are usually connected to a drainage pipe that directs water away from the balcony. Point drains can be made from various materials, such as stainless steel, brass, or PVC, and come with removable grates for easy cleaning.
- Slot drains: Slot drains are discreet, narrow drains that are installed along the perimeter of the balcony or at specific locations to collect water. They are usually made from stainless steel or other corrosion-resistant materials and have a subtle appearance that blends seamlessly with the balcony design.
- Trench drains: Trench drains, also known as channel drains, are long, linear drains with a shallow channel that collect and directs water away from the balcony. They are usually made from materials like stainless steel, polymer concrete, or fibreglass, and can be installed flush with the balcony surface for a streamlined appearance.
When selecting a floor drain for your balcony, consider factors such as:
- Drainage requirements
Ensure the chosen drain is capable of handling the volume of water that might accumulate on your balcony during heavy rainfall or after cleaning.
Opt for corrosion-resistant materials like stainless steel, brass, or PVC that can withstand outdoor weather conditions.
Choose a drain design that complements your balcony's overall style and appearance.
Select a drain with removable grates for easy cleaning and maintenance.
Make sure the chosen drain can be easily installed and connected to your existing drainage system.
Types of Drains You Can Install in Your Balcony According to the Flooring
- DRAIN DESIGNS FOR TILE FLOORING - If you have a tiled balcony you can go for Tile-insert drain channels. They integrate flawlessly with your balcony floor.
- DRAIN DESIGNS FOR MARBLE FLOORING - If you have a marble floor on your balcony you can go for marble-insert drain channels. They integrate flawlessly with your 21mm marble balcony floor.
- DRAIN DESIGNS FOR WOODEN FLOORING - Simple Stainless Steel Granting Tops like Palo grating or Vertical Grating are sleek and offer voluminous drainage.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which linear drains are better for the rainy season?
Stainless Steel linear drains and any day better for any kind of season like heavy monsoons or snowy winters.
Is it easy to find the best floor drains online in India?
Yes. At Ruhe, you can buy Floor Drains online and get them delivered to your doorstep.
Which size drain hole is ideal for floor drains?
Usually, a 4 Inch drain hole is ideal. All standard bathrooms, and sewage pipes are 4 inches in diameter. All Ruhe floor drains perfectly fit into 4 inches and diameter drainpipes.
Read More Blogs: